Full time (willing to consider part time)
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
We are seeking to appoint a Special Educational Needs Practitioner to join our vibrant and passionate team as soon as possible. This is a crucial role designed to support the progress, outcomes and well-being of students with Special Educational Needs, ensuring that they access learning, fulfill their potential and take part in all aspects of school life. This position is suited to candidates with an interest in helping children succeed and a willingness to learn. Training will be provided.
Turing House School is an inspirational new 11 – 19 secondary school, currently with years 7 to 11. Our first four years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being over-subscribed with waiting lists for each year group, and achieving Good with outstanding features in our first Ofsted last academic year. The school’s permanent site in Whitton will be ready during the academic year 2020/21, and until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites: Teddington, years 9, 10 and 11; Hampton, years 7 and 8.
You will join us at an exciting time with our first academic year of GCSE exams, whilst planning and recruiting are underway for our sixth form that opens in 2020, providing a rare opportunity to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
The successful candidate will: (see job pack for more details)
- Have experience of working in a school environment or a similar role.
- Have a willingness to learn (training will be provided).
- Have GCSE grade 5 or equivalent passes in English and mathematics.
- Have excellent written and spoken English.
- Have the ability to operate as part of a team or individually as required.
- Be flexible, committed and resourceful in supporting students to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Have a strong professional attitude and approach to work.
- Share the school’s mission and ethos.
We can offer:
- On the job training and ongoing professional development.
- The opportunity to become a Higher Level Teaching Assistant for suitably qualified/experienced candidates.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing school to develop your career and find your niche .
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us. If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
To register your interest and receive a recruitment pack, please visit www.turinghouseschool.org.uk/vacancies.php
For more information on the school please visit our website, and if you would like to visit the school or have any questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8069 6100.
Closing date: Midday, Monday 9 December 2019.
Interviews will take place soon after.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by telephone and email.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date, so we would encourage you to submit your application early.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.