ABC Teachers are looking to recruit an experienced science teacher to support pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health challenges during their GCSE period at alternative provisions in Tamworth.
The role is to begin in January for a minimum of a term with the view to the role becoming permanent for the right candidate.
To be considered for an interview, the school require the following:
- Hold QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- Be confident in teaching all three sciences to ensure pupils obtain their GCSE’s.
- Be passionate about supporting the learning with children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties.
- Hold an Enhanced Child and Adult DBS on the Update Service (or be willing to complete one)
About the school:
The school has consistently been rated Good in Ofsted and offers a supportive and engaging environment for all pupils in their care. Due to the nature of the alternative provision, class sizes are small (4-5 pupils) and you will have the continued support of the TA’s.
Due to the potential of the role becoming permanent for the right candidate, the head teacher is looking to interview potential candidates this term ready for a start on 6th January 2020.
What we can offer:
• Market leading rates of pay, paid by our in-house payroll team.
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE CPD to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Access to a dedicated SEND consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
What to do next:
To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child and Adult Workforce; you will need to pay for this upfront and add this to the Update Service. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and also how we are going to work best for you.
We will need to gain references to cover the last 2 years, and a minimum of 2 references must be a school based. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
If you are interested in this position then please contact Jacob Thompson on 01543 228 029, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘Apply now’ to submit your details.
Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own individual areas across from the Midlands and across Staffordshire.
If you haven’t yet found what you are looking for, keep up to date with us on social media:
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.