SEN Secondary Maths Teacher
Salary dependent on qualifications and experience to date
We are currently recruiting for a SEN Maths Teacher able to teach to GCSE level. Brookways School is specifically designed to be a low arousal, calm and nurturing environment in which young people with autism can learn and grow. Our students all have a diagnosis of autism; are all verbal and, also have additional and complex needs, therefore experience in this area is essential.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable autistic young people to learn
- Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Lead the delivery of the maths curriculum across the school
- The willingness to plan and deliver lessons which teaches essential and life skills
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the Brookways School handbook
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
- Proven ability that you are an excellent teacher with a lively and effective classroom teaching style, which engages and motivates young people
- An excellent knowledge of the maths curriculum and how it may be effectively taught
- Previous experience of delivering maths to at least GCSE level
- Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH or ASC
- A commitment to engaging young people, with a willingness to bring new ideas to the curriculum for both in and out of the classroom
Closing date - 30 September
Interview date - W/B 7 October
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Schools Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.