Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a motivated and dynamic Support Worker to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) schools and provisions in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. This position is to start ASAP, covering on a day to day basis and long-term basis in Special Needs Schools. There is the possibility of the position becoming permanent if you are the right person for the school.
The successful Support Worker will need to have the ability to effectively support children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). You will be involved in providing targeted support either inside or outside of the classroom, and assisting children on a 1:1 basis, as well as in a group. The ideal Support Worker will be expected to accompany students to their relevant therapy sessions if required and be able to work effectively within a small team to ensure the smooth running of lessons. In addition, the successful Support Worker will need to be flexible, adaptable and able to hit the ground running in a busy and vibrant environment.
The successful Support Worker will have experience and excellent knowledge of working with children, young people and/or adults with learning difficulties and disabilities. It’s important that the ideal Support Worker has a calm, nurturing and engaging approach when it comes to supporting children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
To be considered for this position of Support Worker (within schools and specialist provisions), you must:
- Have experience of supporting children, young people and/ or adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND); including Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEBD) Difficulties, Autism (ASD/ASC), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and/or Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties
- Have a genuine desire and passion to become part of a committed team of Special Educational Needs Staff
- Be able to build a positive and strong rapport with children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Have a passion for teaching, with the ability to help plan and deliver inspiring lessons and intervention classes
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Support Worker, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
- Support through your placements
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage the children and young people you’re supporting, and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
For more information on this Support Worker position and other teaching and teaching assistant opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in Peterborough and across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or email@example.com