The David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a SEN TA. This role at The Arbours Academy could be the ideal next step in your career.
About the role
To work with individual children having special or particular needs, in accordance with the child’s statement where appropriate and\or groups of children as directed by the teacher. To provide support to the Head teacher\Teacher across a range of child centered activities to promote child development and learning.
Term time plus inset days. 27.5 hours per week (9.00-3.30 Monday-Friday). Fixed term contract until 31/08/18.
Salary & Benefits
· NJC 13 (£16,191) (pro rata £10,522.87)
· Access to Local Government Pension Scheme.
Who we are looking for
- Empathy for children with special needs
- Patience, understanding, caring, sense of humour
- Experience of working with children/young people
- Recent experience of working in a school.
- A standard of written and spoken English that supports pupils’ learning.
- Experience of relevant age group.
- Experience of working with children with special needs.
- Responsible for behaviour management to children requiring additional support
- TA specific qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 2 or 3.
- A commitment to promoting equal opportunities and meeting individual needs.
- Awareness of confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to manage time effectively.
- Ability to be flexible to the needs of the children.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to use ICT/the internet and email to support pupils’ learning
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 33 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
To apply for the position, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 8 December 2017
The Arbours Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.