ABC Teachers, part of TES are looking for people who have a passion for working with children who have special educational needs. We are looking for Teaching Assistants who have experience working within SEND schools in the Walsall, Dudley and Wolverhampton area that are looking for a new challenge.
In addition, those who have been working within a Special Needs care role who are looking to transition into the education side may be suitable for supply work with schools.
We are looking for candidates who will be proactive and maintain regular contact throughout the interview and registration process, ensuring all safeguarding information is provided promptly to be cleared for work quickly. Ownership of a car would be beneficial to work with ABC Teachers.
We are looking for candidates who can handle challenging behaviour with a calm and patient attitude, showing empathy to the individual needs of students. You will be comfortable dealing with a range of Special Needs such as Autism Spectrum Condition, Moderate to Severe Learning Difficulties and Emotional / Behavioural Conditions.
You must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other staff, which can include medical and educational staff.
· We require a minimum of a Level 2 Teaching Assistant Qualification, with a Level 3 being desirable.
· You will be required to provide references from the last 2 years in full, of which at least one must be working with Children with Special Needs. Ideally in an educational setting.
· You must have a passion for supporting children with Special Needs.
Why should you join ABC Teachers?
· Flexible working hours to meet your needs
· Detailed knowledge of local schools
· Competitive rates of pay based on your skills and experience
· A dedicated consultant for your area.
· In addition we are the ONLY Midlands based education recruitment agency to be part of the TES (Times Education Supplement) group which naturally brings in plenty more opportunities that wouldn’t be available anywhere else.
If you are interested in this position, please click ‘Apply now’ or contact Richard Stonehouse today on 01543410500 to submit your CV and details.
Not found what you are looking for? We get jobs like this coming in daily. Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.