Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teacher to teach primary students at an all-through SEN school based in Ealing. The school has positions for both Key Stage 1 (KS1) or Key Stage 2 (KS2) classes dependent on the year group preference of the successful SEN Teacher.
This is an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ school and caters for students with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and other complex needs. Staff at the school are fully supported and are offered extensive training programmes throughout the year.
The successful SEN Teacher will have previous experience teaching students with ASD and will have strong behaviour management skills. The role is to start in September 2019 on a temporary basis initially with a view of going permanent for the right candidate.
About the Role
• SEN Teacher
• Teaching students with ASD and complex needs in either KS1 or KS2
• Small class sizes (around 8 – 10 students)
• Lots of support staff based in each class
• Role to start in September 2019 with a view to go permanent
• Daily rate starting from £130
About the School
• All-through SEN school based in Ealing
• Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’
• All staff undergo an extensive induction program
• Very supportive senior leadership team and excellent team of teachers and support staff
• Training programmes run for staff throughout the year
• Pupils are aged between 4 – 22 years
• All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
• Caters for students on the autism spectrum and other complex needs
• Parking available onsite and close to transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
• Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
• Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
• Must have strong behaviour management skills
• Previous experience of working with students with ASD
• Knowledge of Makaton/PECs (desirable)
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• Committed to safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC38993.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.