We are looking to appoint a proactive and positive person with experience of working within a specialist setting or who has excellent special needs experience.
Location of role Whole School
Full Or Part-Time: Full time OR 0.8 would be considered
Information about your school
Stony Dean School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Stony Dean is an outstanding special school with a specialism of communication and interaction. We are seeking to appoint an imaginative and skilled SEN teacher.
We are looking for a dynamic classroom practitioner with a clear sense of purpose, high expectations of all students and the ability to deploy a range of techniques and approaches. The school is well-resourced as this is a vital part of our pupils’ preparation for the adult world. You will need to have vision, a successful track record in teaching pupils across a wide ability range and the ability to work effectively with the whole school community.
You will receive high quality support and CPD from expert colleagues who will coach and guide you through your professional development. This is an ideal opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive and well-resourced school.
The candidate you want
The successful candidate will have the following key competencies:
- Excellent classroom practitioner with a wide range of teaching skills: knowledge and understanding of teaching SEN from P-Level upwards, knowledge of TEACCH / PECS is desirable;
- High level inter-personal skills enabling effective collaborative working;
- To be able to use classroom and behaviour management techniques effectively;
- Ability to analyze class data and information, identify patterns and trends;
- Ability to work collaboratively with and implement the advice of specialists working within the school (e.g. Speech and Language therapists) in their own classroom.
Applications from secondary mainstream teachers eager to extend their SEN experience are welcome and will be supported by a comprehensive induction and training program.
How to apply
Details of whom to contact: Please contact Martin Harris at the school on 01494 762538 for further details or email email@example.com
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15h October 2018
Interview Date: 18th October 2018
School Address: Orchard End Avenue, Pineapple Road, Amersham. HP7 9JW
Office Tel: 01494 762538