Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teacher / KS4 Teacher for a special school based in the London borough of Southwark. The school provides education for students aged between 11 to 19 years old. This full time SEN Teacher / KS4 Techer role starts immediately, and will run through until the end of the summer term. For the right candidate, this role has the potential to be extended. The KS4 class has 7 students with severe mixed and complex autism, and is supported by 4 TA's.
About the Role
· KS4 Teacher
· 7 students in class with severe mixed and complex autism
· Support of 4 TA’s in classroom
· Up to £180 per day, depending on experience
· ASAP till July initially
About the School
· Providing education for students aged between 11 and 19 years old with special educational needs including severe and complex learning disabilities, sensory or physical disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Exceptional and enhanced facilities including hydrotherapy suite, music room, art and design studios, and a physical exploration area with trampoline and interactive technology
· Offers high-quality training and professional development courses
· Easy to get to from Elephant and Castle
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher / KS4 Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GMA1306.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.