Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher to teach primary students at a lovely new special needs school in Brent.
This well-resourced school caters for students with social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH) difficulties. The head teacher is supportive and fully invested in the teachers and support staff at the school. As the school is quite small, it has a welcoming atmosphere and family-like feel to it.
The successful SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will be responsible for teaching a small class of five Key Stage 2 pupils. The role is to commence after October half-term, with the possibility of a permanent role for the right candidate.
About the Role
• SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher
• Will be teaching primary students with SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health) difficulties
• Role to begin after October half-term with a possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate
• Open to NQTs and unqualified teachers with experience planning and teaching primary curriculum
• Daily rate starting from £130 depending on experience
About the School
• Newly opened Primary Pupil Referral Unit in Brent
• Very supportive leadership team
• Small class sizes with 1:1 support staff in each class
• Caters for children with SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health difficulties)
• Soft-play room and a therapy room on site
• Range of therapists to work with the children and their families
• Specialised music room
• School provides CPD training for staff
• Close to transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC179533SENT
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.