Options Higford is a DfE registered school and children’s home offering purpose built service for autism, specially designed to meet the educational and development needs of the children in our care. With an OFSTED rating of Good we hold an Accreditation with the National Autistic Society for Quality Autism provision. We offer a caring, structured and homely environment for our children and are within commuting distance of Shifnal, Telford, Dudley, Stourbridge, Shrewsbury, Stafford, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Stone, Stoke and surrounding towns.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Qualified Teacher, this role focuses on Key Stage 5 having responsibility for offering a vocational and life-skills curriculum, based around the ASDAN ‘Personal Progress’ award. This is supplemented by additional units of work or accredited programmes, including community based learning, work experience and functional skills. Teaching in small classes, our ideal candidate would have a special interest in SEN, ideally having gained previous experience within an autism provision.
This full time role is initially offered on a 12 month, fixed term contact to cover maternity leave, starting in January 2020.
In brief, the role will involve:
- Planning, delivering and teaching individual students or small groups
- Identifying individual needs with responsibility for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment that enables the students to succeed in their learning
- Working with multi-professional colleagues to meet the individual needs of the students
- Contributing at all times to the development of a positive ethos that values the individual student and colleagues
- Safeguarding all students and ensuring their safety and well-being at all times
Key Skills Required
- Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS)
- Have a special interest working with students with Autism, ideally with experience of teaching in a SEN environment
- Able to lead and coordinate a class with effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons, taking into account the needs of individual students
Please apply online now or call 01952 630 600 for further information.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Please also note, although Outcomes First Group broadly works in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group own Terms & Conditions.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.