SEN Teacher of Maths and English (Maternity Cover position)
Fixed Term, Full Time Contract to cover Maternity leave from Sept 2018 – 2019 with an allowance for some flexibility.
We are keen to appoint a highly motivated, well-qualified and inspirational SEN Teacher of English and Maths to provide a Maternity Cover position, within our highly successful Learning Support Department. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to teach other subjects to Year 7 and 8 students in the ARC. This is a specialist ASD base that caters for small groups of students with a diagnosis for autism.
This role may suit a primary teacher or a teacher with experience of teaching students with SEN/ ASD/MLD/ADHD. Ideally, the candidate will also have autism training or some experience of teaching students with mild autism.
We are looking for a colleague who:
• is passionate about developing independent, confident learners
• is committed to inclusive education
• can sustain high quality teaching and learning
• demonstrates energy, creativity and commitment
• is willing to actively contribute to all aspects of school life
We are proud to offer:
• interesting, engaging, enthusiastic students who want to learn
• a supportive and inclusive staff and governing body
• a hugely successful, ambitious school - determined to build on the standards we currently achieve
• consistently high GCSE results
• a proven track record in - and full commitment to - the professional development of colleagues
• a well-resourced school with extensive grounds
• a long established record of low staff turnover - our staff love our school!
If you would like to join us, application packs can be downloaded from our website. Alternatively, please contact Mrs Anna Whittington at the school, by email or phone.
Further information on this position is availble on request.
Tel: 0121 704 2146 x7503
Closing date: 9am Monday 21st May 2018
We can’t wait to hear from you!
The school is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS.