Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEN Teacher / PMLD Teacher to join a Special Educational Needs School in Hillingdon. The school caters for students post 16 age group who have Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and severe physical disabilities. The SEN Teacher / PMLD Teacher will need to be comfortable teaching a small class of students with severe learning difficulties. The SEN Teacher / PMLD Teacher will need to be experienced with teaching special needs and be able to hit the ground running. This is a maternity cover contract starting in February 2019.
About the Role
• SEN Teacher / PMLD Teacher
• February 2019 start
• Maternity cover contract
• To work in a small class of 6 students of mixed aged and abilities
• There will be a 1:1 TA to support each student in the class
• Teaching life skills and core subjects
• £130 - £170 daily rate (dependent on experience)
About the School
• Strong and supportive leadership team
• ASD, SLD, MLD and PMLD students with challenging behaviour
• Dedicated Post 16 SEN school
• Fantastic resources and equipment
• 2 floor school converted from an office block
• Open plan area in the centre of the school
• Short walk from local Metropolitan and Piccadilly line station
In order to be considered for this role the SEN Teacher / PMLD Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Relevant experience working in SEN Schools
• Experience working with severe learning difficulties and challenging students
• Qualified Teacher status
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DJW175351.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.