Smart Teachers is looking for a SEN Teacher / Primary Teacher to join a welcoming and friendly primary school in South East London. Starting January, this is a full time SEN Teacher / Primary Teacher position, and will be contracted for the rest of the academic year. There is also the potential that this role could lead to a permanent placement for the right candidate. Interested in this post? Please apply ASAP
About the Role
· SEN Teacher / Primary Teacher
· Teaching EY, KS1 or KS2 (the school can accommodate preference with year group)
· Very small class sizes with 3 – 4 support workers in each class
· Previous SEN experience is preferable but not essential, and the school is happy to consider teachers who haven’t taught in SEN schools before
· Full time fixed term contract from January 2019
· Daily rate from £140 (based on experience)
About the School
· Extremely supportive primary SEN School
· Caters for students with severe learning difficulties and ASD
· Small class sizes with 8 students per class
· Exceptional facilities and resources available
· Very friendly and supportive team
· Easily accessible by public transport
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher / Primary Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
· Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
· Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum of 6 weeks within the past two years is essential)
· Previous experience with ASD students
· NQTs teachers are welcome to apply
· Have excellent communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Ongoing CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference CXQ4428.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.