Riverside Bridge School
Head of School: Anna Hope
Executive Principal: Roger Leighton
Mixed 4-16 Special School
Primary/Secondary Trained Teachers
(Secondary specialisms – Maths, Science, Music, ICT, Humanities, PSD, Art and Design are desirable)
Salary: Inner London MPS/UPS + SEN Allowance (£2,085)
Required: September 2018
Riverside Bridge School is a Special School for pupils aged from 4 – 16, which opened in September 2015. This School serves families and pupils in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham and neighbouring boroughs. It is closely integrated with Riverside Primary School, which also opened in September 2015 and Riverside School, a mainstream secondary school, which is in the fifth year of operation. Riverside Bridge School moved over to the permanent site in Renwick Road in September 2016, with the primary and secondary school joining in September 2017.
Riverside Bridge School currently has 98 pupils and will grow steadily to reach its capacity of 180 over the next seven years.
Pupils are admitted within the following categories of special needs:
· Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
· Profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD)
· Severe learning difficulties (SLD)
The school works closely with the Local Authority and benefits from support and advice from their partner school, the Outstanding Trinity School.
We are keen to attract Teachers who can demonstrate an optimistic and aspirational attitude towards our pupils. Although it is desirable that you possess some prior experience of working with pupils with special educational needs, we are also keen for Teachers who may not possess all the skills as yet, but could bring to us a positive “can do” approach and we will train you in the appropriate techniques and strategies. Therefore, applications from Newly Qualified Teachers with an interest in teaching pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties are welcome.
We are looking for enthusiastic, committed individuals who:
1) Has or will shortly be obtaining Qualified Teacher Status
2) Has experience of working with pupils with special educational needs or a proven interest in teaching pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties.
3) Has experience of, or is able to demonstrate the ability to differentiate curriculum delivery for pupils
4) Has a demonstrable skill to implement individualised goals and objects to address the core features of SEN, based on individual strengths and identified needs
5) Is able to work as a member of a team as well as an ability to lead and direct classroom Assistants
6) Is committed to their own professional development.
7) Has effective personal organisation, communication and ICT skills.
8) Has a proven record of good to outstanding practice.
Further details are available from our school website www.bridge.riversidecampus.com or email@example.com or on 020 3946 5888 and application forms should be submitted by the closing date below.
Closing date: Closing date: Noon - 16th February 2018
Shortlisting – 20th February 2018
Interviews W/B 26th February 2018
If you have not been contacted by the above date your application has been unsuccessful.
Riverside Bridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A criminal record check via the DBS will be undertaken for the successful candidate.This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a comprehensive screening process, including a disclosure check, will be undertaken on all applicants.