Smart Teachers welcomes overseas trained teachers consider an exciting opportunity to relocate to the UK and take up a SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher to teach primary students at a lovely little SEN school in Harrow, London. The school caters for students with SLD (severe learning difficulties), PMLD (profound and multiple learning difficulties), and other complex needs. The successful SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will be responsible for teaching a small class of 6-8 pupils. The role is to commence in September 2019, with a possibility of a long-term role for the right candidate.
About the Role:
- SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher
- Will be teaching a class of 6-8 primary students with SLD, PMLD, and other complex needs
- Position to start in September with the possibility of a long term role for the right candidate
- Daily rate starting from $235 AUD (depending on experience)
About the School:
- Ofsted rated “Outstanding” , the UK’s governing body for standards in education
- Primary special school for pupils with a range of needs including with SLD, PMLD, and other complex needs
- Small class sizes with multiple support staff members in each classroom (in some cases 1:1 TAs for each student)
- Supportive SLT (Senior Leadership Team)
- Great induction program and regular staff training
- Multiple therapists on site to work with the children
- Outdoor playgrounds for pupils
- Exceptional facilities including soft play rooms, sensory rooms, and a small hydrotherapy pool
- Parking available on site
- Close to transport links – commutable on the Northern Line and Jubilee Line
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher / Special Education Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Diploma of Education / or equivalent teaching degree with current teacher registration
- Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- Graduate Teachers and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
- Must have current teacher registration
- Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable, but not essential)
- Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
About the location:
- Located in the London Borough of Harrow, North West London
- A mixture of accommodation to suit most budgets
- Great transport links, serviced by the tube and overground rail services
- An ethnically diverse location, rich in culture, history and full of beautiful parks and leafy trails
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
- An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants
- Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London team to support you when you land
- Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC19678KYB.
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC19678KYB.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.