Smart Teachers welcomes overseas SEN Teachers / Special Needs Teachers / Special Educational Needs Teachers to consider a position at a small primary special needs school in Brent, London. The successful SEN Teacher / Special Needs Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will be teaching a small class of upper primary students with a range of needs including speech, language, and communication difficulties and ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). The ideal candidate will have primary teaching experience and will have previously worked with students with additional needs. This role is to start in September 2019 on a temporary basis initially with the possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate.
About the Role
• SEN Teacher / Special Needs Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher
• Will be teaching upper primary students with a range of needs including speech, language, and communication difficulties and ASD
• Role to commence in September 2019 with a possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate
• Daily rate starting from $250 depending on experience
About the School
• Small SEN school in Brent
• ‘Outstanding’ rated school
• Small class sizes with 2-3 support staff in each class
• Caters for children with speech, language, and communication difficulties and ASD
• Students are aged 4-7 years old
• Multiple therapists to work with the children
• Close to a number of transport links (Jubilee Line, Thameslink, Overground)
About the location
• The London Borough of Brent is located in North West, Outer London
• One of the most culturally diverse areas of London
• Growing in popularity with families and young professionals
• Home to Wembley Stadium, one of the most popular football and music in the world
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teacher / Special Needs Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / Post Graduate Certificate of Education / or equivalent teaching degree
• Previous experience with SEN students
• Previous experience working with students in early years
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• OS teachers and Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land
• Completely free service
• An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants.
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world's largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
• Teaching overseas is a great way to develop personally and professionally’ and is a great addition to your CV.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
• To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC7421RXP.
• Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
• Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.