SEN Teacher, September 2018 start
Hoe Valley School is an oversubscribed secondary School that opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking. Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7,8,9 and from September 2018, year 10, the School is committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens.
We are looking for a passionate, talented and specialist teacher of SEN to join our dedicated Personalisation faculty in helping the School on its journey to becoming an established and outstanding community School. The successful candidate will have the exciting and unique opportunity to shape a KS3, KS4 and KS5 curriculum which is bespoke, supportive and challenging and fit for the needs of 21st century life. There is the potential for leadership roles both pastorally and academically in the future for the right candidate.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher who embraces creativity, innovation and is always looking for the very best practice in teaching. They will share the School's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels. The successful candidate will teach small groups of students and specifically Maths and Science in order to bring them up to speed with their peers. Where necessary they will source suitable Alternative Provision to meet the needs of these students in accordance with our work ready agenda.
- You will have a bachelor's degree at a 2.1 or higher in a relevant discipline
- You will have qualified teacher status through a PGCE, GTP or other international equivalent
- You will have excellent subject knowledge in English, Maths and Science to GCSE standard
- You will have experience of designing and delivering exciting, challenging and personalised lessons for students with a range of SEND
- You will be able to show evidence of holding high aspirations for all young people and of delivering excellent outcomes for students
- You will have experience of giving high quality formative and summative feedback
-Our staff feedback shows we have a team who feel trusted, listened to and who have a healthy work life balance.
-The excellent behaviour of our students and our resistance to any unnecessary paperwork means staff can really focus on teaching and learning.
-All of our team have a bespoke CPD programme in place and share best practice across faculties.
-Our staff are offered cycle to work vouchers, reduced gym membership at our neighbouring sports facilities, yoga classes and have access to convenient free parking.
- We have extended School days which allow for longer holidays to recognise and reward the commitment of our staff.
This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to be part of a School's development and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Please send applications and queries to email@example.com.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 3rd June 2018
Latest interview date:
w/c 4th June 2018
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.