We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated SEN teacher to join the Academic Support Department of Institut auf dem Rosenberg, an international boarding school. The ability to teach an additional subject is an advantage.
The candidate should have:
• A teaching qualification and a minimum of 5 years teaching experience.
• Extensive experience of minor learning difficulties in a mainstream setting and a commitment to SEN.
• Training and/or qualification of assessing and screening students.
• Experience as a Senior teacher with management skills
• Experience of writing IEPs and communicating verbally and written with families.
• Experience with 1:1 tutoring as well as in-class support.
We are particularly looking for:
• A dynamic and professional individual.
• A team player.
• A commitment to delivering high quality support
• An individual willing and capable to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the school.
• Dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg.
• Support our whole-school ethos in which the raising of pupils' aspirations and attainment is central to your work on a day-to-day basis.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• B.Ed / appropriate degree and PGCE with QTS
• A minimum of 5 years SEN teaching experience
• CELTA or equivalent EFL qualification
• ICT capability
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a leading independent boarding-school for students aged 6-19 years, with excellent behaviour, offering four different international education systems (German, Italian, British and American) as well as the Rosenberg School of Talent & Enrichment. Institut auf dem Rosenberg is well resourced and has average class sizes of 8 students per teacher. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
• A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school
• A truly international environment and outstanding facilities
• Colleagues committed to excellence, and a teacher/student ratio of 1:3
• An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan and maximize his or her potential
• Attractive remuneration package including pension and optional accommodation
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact-details of three referees. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating "SEN Teacher" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: Dec 17. Early applications are encouraged. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.