Smart Teachers is recruiting for several SEN teachers specialising in Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) or Autism (ASD) for a SEN school based across two sites in Newham. These roles have the potential to start immediately or September 2017, and may lead to a permanent position for the right candidate. The school has two sites; one that caters to students with Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) pupils and the other for students with Autism (ASD). Ideally to apply for these roles you will have prior experience working with SEMH or ASD pupils, however the school will also take on outstanding mainstream teachers with great behaviour management skills that are looking for a change of scene. The school is looking for teachers who would commit to raising standards for disadvantaged students as the behaviour in this school can be very challenging. If you are looking for a rewarding challenge and to be a part of integrating students back into mainstream school, this would be the perfect role for you.
About the Role
· SEN teachers
· Specialising in ASD or SEMH
· Temporary to permanent contract
· Suitable for NQTs
· Salary up to £37,000
About the School
· SEN school across two sites: one is a PRU and the other site is an ASD Unit
· Good school with many Outstanding features
· Expanding independent company
· Small class sizes with 6 -8 pupils
· A specialised curriculum tailored to the diverse needs of the students
· Full CPD program offered to staff, including opportunities to undertake professional qualifications
· Students leave early on a Friday
· Both sites are very close to Stratford Westfield
In order to be considered for these roles, the successful SEN teachers will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree (preferably QTS)
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum (essential)
· Experience working with SEMH/Autistic pupils
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number TXTA31402.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.