Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teaching Assistant at an all-through SEN school based in Berkshire. The school caters for students with a range of additional needs including MLD (Moderate Learning Difficulties), SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder). The school is very supportive of their staff and are able to provide any relevant training required for the role. The successful SEN Teaching Assistant will start in September 2018 with the possibility of a permanent role for the right candidate.
About the Role
- SEN Teaching Assistant role to begin in September 2018, with the possibility of a permanent position
- Positions across age groups from Primary to Post-16
- Will be supporting students with MLD (Moderate Learning Difficulties), SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- Will support small classes of around 8 – 10 students
- Daily rate starting from £65 depending on experience
About the School
- Large all-through SEN school based in Berkshire
- Pupils are aged between 2 – 19 years
- All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
- Caters for students with additional needs including MLD (Moderate Learning Difficulties), SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- Car park available
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum of 6 weeks is essential)
- Previous experience with SEN, ASD, MLD, SLD or PMLD
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Team Teach trained (desirable)
- Experience with Makaton and/or PECS (desirable)
- Comfortable with personal care (desirable)
- Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC1239.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.