Churchfields Primary School is looking for 2 experienced Teaching Assistants. One position will be full time and the other for 2 and half days a week, to join our Additionally Resourced Unit provision for Children with Severe and Complex Needs. NVQ Level 2 or equivalent and excellent literacy and numeracy skills are essential and experience of working with children in KS 1 and KS 2 is desirable.
Applicants will need to have experience of working with children with special educational needs and an understanding of the barriers to learning for children with Autism and communication difficulties. They must be able to work effectively with the whole school team and outside agencies to provide a high level of support for the pupils and to provide them with a safe and secure learning environment. You must be able to use your initiative, be flexible to deal with all eventualities and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. An awareness of issues relating to working with children is essential; as is the understanding of the need to work within school policies and procedures.
You will be patient and caring combined with the ability to:
- build good relationships with children
- work closely with parents and other professionals
- plan suitable activities and keep the children motivated at all stages
- provide pastoral care and support to children and provide them with a secure environment to learn
- organising learning materials and resources
- make imaginative use of resources
- actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace
- be able to use their own initiative and have a good standard of written English
We can offer:
- Excellent facilities within a modern building
- A chance to work as part of a forward thinking and supportive staff team
- The opportunity to be part of a new and exciting Multi Academy Trust
Closing Date: 28th December 2018.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Informal enquirers about the position can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28th December 2018 (at noon) but your early response is encouraged.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check. CVs are not accepted.