Job title: SEN Teaching Assistant
Pay: £70-£72 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are previous experience working with special needs.
Contract dates: April 2021 to July 2021
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to work in the London Borough of Brent. This full time SEN Teaching Assistant is for an April 2021 start and will be a temporary role. This could be working with children from early years, through to secondary ages.
• SEN Teaching Assistant
• Working with children from early years to secondary ages
• Either 1:1 supporting a specific child, or working within small groups
• General in-class support also involved
• Prior experience supporting students with speech and language difficulties essential
• School hours are 8.30am to 4.00pm
• Full time temporary position
• Daily rate is £70-£72 per day (PAYE)
• Temporary contracts available from April 2021
• Range of special needs schools available
• Working with children aged between 3 and 19
• Alternate provisions, local authority mixed SEN schools
• Needs of the schools can include SEMH, ASD, MLD/SLD, ADHD, PMLD and more
To be considered for the SEN teaching assistant position, you will:
• Experience working with children or adults with special needs
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
You must include the following sentence in the Requirements section:
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEN Teaching assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers please contact our SEN team on 020 7065 7500 and quote job reference LXD SENTAbrent
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.