To apply, please return the application form attached to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note, only application forms will be considered, not TES quick applications.
The Chelsea Group of Children is an Independent specialist school for primary age children with mild to moderate complex learning needs. We wish to appoint an enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our team and work in close partnership with our teachers, therapists, learning support assistants and parents. The hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
- To support students both within the class and during unstructured situations
- To reinforce targets throughout the school day.
- To support the teaching and therapy staff to maintain detailed case notes of all children seen.
- To participate in supervision and support as required.
- To act as a resource and support for other staff members working with the children
- To make and prepare resources for teaching and therapy staff
- To maintain continuous professional development.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
We would be delighted to hear from you if you are:
- A self-motivated, dynamic, committed, hardworking individual who enjoys a challenge, but retains a sense of humour
- A forward thinking, innovative person, who always puts the pupils needs first
- Experienced in working with ASD/special needs pupils and wish to develop your skills and knowledge further
- Experienced in working as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop innovative learning opportunities which support the Chelsea Group of Children approach
- Interested in working in a progressive, lively and successful school in a rewarding field of education
- Someone who understands challenging behaviour and has high levels of resilience and a positive attitude
- Committed to further professional development
- Enjoys sporting activities
- Able to and enjoys participating in different types of play
- Someone who can take initiative but can also follow within a team
To be considered you must be:
- Passionate about helping children
- Creative in your approach
- Experienced working with special needs children
- Committed to self-improvement and developing your knowledge
- DBS checked (or willing to be checked)
- Available for interview
Benefit include free lunch and school holidays.
The Chelsea Group of Children
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years