Krishna Avanti Primary School in Harrow are seeking to appoint a SEN Teaching Assistant to support a child who has special educational needs. Support would be in the form of classroom support including speech and language support.
With the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a willingness to be flexible and adaptable as part of a busy and committed support team.
You will support the curriculum and the school through the provision of high level assistance to the teacher in the practical organisation of class activities, undertaking group work and ensuring the welfare and development of pupils. To assist with lunch and break time supervision of children. To meet with the SENCO and/or other appropriate staff on a regular basis to discuss improvements to the teaching practices, delivery of the curriculum and progress and concerns regarding individual SEND pupils. You will have a passion for working with children who present with a range of additional needs but have strong academic skills.
The School has an inclusive ethos rooted in the teachings of Krishna Chaitanya, but welcomes pupils and staff of all faiths and abilities.
This is a unique opportunity to help lay the foundations of a growing and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Academic rigour and excellence
- Character formation
- Development of spiritual insight
We are looking for someone who:
- will show commitment to working to support and enhance the school's spiritual ethos;
- will enjoy a challenge and be able to motivate and improve a growing school;
- is committed to supporting learning in the classroom;
- is resourceful, dynamic and is a good role model for children both in the classroom and at break (including lunchtimes).
Please see the Job Description for more information on the job responsibilities and essential criteria required for the role.
We are able to offer:
- a strong vision of Educational Excellence - Character Formation - Spiritual Insight;
- enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
- a committed and motivated staff team, supported by effective Governance;
- an attractive working environment;
- supportive parents and governors;
- a hardworking team of professionals who are encouraged to have high expectations.
All our existing schools have strong senior teams in place. The attainment, achievement and behaviour of learners in all our schools are excellent. Our parents and carers and students are highly aspirational. The successful candidate, whilst not necessarily a Hindu, will subscribe fully to the ethos and vision of the Avanti Schools Trust for the school. Please see www.avanti.org.uk for more details.
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.