We are looking for outstanding Teaching Assistants. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career in the first autism school in Abu Dhabi.
Al Karamah School and Training Institute is a high-profile school for Emirati students, offering world-leading education and behavioural care. Based in Abu Dhabi, our aim is to make a real and lasting difference for every young person we support. The School will cater for children and young people on the autistic spectrum, aged 3 to 25, who range from low to high functioning.
We have a strong track record of creating great, positive learning environments where young people are able to attain the highest educational, behavioural and personal outcomes, and are able to go on and have fulfilling lives and careers.
Al Karamah School opened in January 2019 and is designed drawing on our experience of creating a suitable environment which is attuned to child-centred learning. With a dedicated therapy team at the school, you would have the opportunity to join a team focused on the best possible outcomes for each and every child.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated, and inspirational Vocational Teaching Assistants with experience of working with students with autism or you may be looking for your first role in an Special Educational Needs setting. You must be motivated to make a positive difference to our students’ learning journey and care deeply about their wellbeing and personal development.
Teaching Assistants will work with the students in Al Karamah School and will support the development of SEN programmes in line with the curriculum requirements, local community needs and local employment opportunities. You will compile and maintain course and student records and will support the teachers and Senior Managers in the development of resources and learning materials for the students.
We are deeply committed to the continuous professional development of our staff, and you will be joining an enthusiastic, friendly, and well qualified team. We believe the right candidates will find this post challenging, stimulating and rewarding.
- You will be provided with a competitive employment package with tax free salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Good staff retention rates – The staff are happy at this school
- Peer support to settle in
- Access to strong formal CPD opportunities with UK links to universities offering qualifications through distance learning and informally working with SEN experts.
- First class resources, soft play areas, swimming pool and new classrooms that are organised by ”stage not age”.
- Small, well-resourced classes of 5 – 10 children grouped by levels and ability, with very high adult – teacher ratios
- High School/Diploma/Bachelors degree
- Experience of working as a member of a team and evidence of the ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- Competent ICT skills and communication skills
- Experience teaching children with autism and other special educational needs
- 0-2 years experience as a Teaching Assistant
We will be shortlisting and interviewing in the coming weeks, and should you be asked to attend interview we will contact you to request further details.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Al Karamah School
- Special needs with independent funding