Smart Teachers is recruiting for an SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA for an outstanding all-through SEN school based in North London. The school caters for students with complex needs including SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder). The successful SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA will start in September 2018 with the possibility of a permanent role for the right candidate.
About the Role
- SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA role to begin in September 2018, with the possibility of a permanent position
- Will be supporting students with SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- Small class sizes (8-10 students)
- 2 - 3 support staff members in each classroom
- Daily rate starting from £70 depending on experience
About the School
- Large all-through SEN school based in North London
- Beautiful school with modern facilities
- Hydrotherapy pool on site
- Outdoor access in each classroom
- Ofsted rated the institution ‘Outstanding’ at their most recent inspection
- Pupils are aged between 3 – 19 years
- All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
- Caters for students with complex needs including SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
- Previous experience with SEN, ASD, MLD, SLD or PMLD
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC27284.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.