Smart Teachers is recruiting for an enthusiastic and motivated SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA / LSA / Learning Support Assistant to work with primary students at a small special needs school in Brent. This is an ‘Outstanding’ school run by a passionate and supportive senior leadership team. The school invest fully in their support staff and offer training and continued professional development courses. The school caters for students with a range of needs including ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), SpLD (Specific Learning Difficulties), and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). The successful SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA / LSA / Learning Support Assistant will need to show initiative and willingness to be involved with the students and supporting the class teacher. The role will commence ASAP with the possibility of a long-term role for the right candidate.
About the Role
• SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA / LSA / Learning Support Assistant
• Supporting primary aged students with a range of additional needs including ASD and speech, language, and communication difficulties
• Assisting the class teacher in duties such as preparing resources and managing pupil behaviour
• Providing feedback on pupil progress
• Role to start in ASAP with the opportunity for a long-term role for the right candidate
• Daily rate from £70 depending on experience
About the School
• Small SEN school in Brent
• Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’
• Caters for children with a range of needs including ASD, SpLD, and ADHD
• Small class sizes with 2-3 support staff in each class
• Students are aged 4-7 years old
• Supportive and passionate senior leadership team
• Multiple therapists to work with the children
• CPD and training offered by the school
• Close to a number of transport links (Jubilee Line, Thameslink, Overground)
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / Special Needs TA / LSA / Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable, but not essential)
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC0509SSS.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.