SEN Teaching Assistant
Salary: £70 - £75 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are previous experience working with special needs students.
Contract: April 2021 – July 2021
Smart Teachers is currently recruiting for an experienced SEN teaching assistant to work in an outstanding school based in Southwark.
The school in question has an excellent reputation and have been given an “outstanding” OFSTED rating. You will be working with an excellent multi-disciplinary team consisting of occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and experienced teaching assistant.
You will be required to work one to one or in a small setting with students ranging from ages 11 -19 that have complex needs. Whilst you will be working closely with the class teachers and supporting where needed, you will also be expected to be a proactive individual who has confidence to take the initiative with the situations as and when they arrive.
To be considered for the SEN Teaching Assistant position, you will be comfortable:
• Assessing individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
• Preparing materials, equipment and lessons
• Assessing and reporting on individual pupils' progress
• Assisting with the personal care needs of pupils
• Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and Healthcare professionals
• Working alongside and advising learning support assistants
Other experience and qualifications preferable:
• Confidence in working with and communicating PECs & Makaton
• Team Teach qualified
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or by emailing email@example.com with an up-to-date CV.
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN team on 020 7065 7500, quoting the reference FOASENTA1306.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
- Supply agency