The Aurora Group
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
We’re currently looking for SEN Teaching Assistants in Smallfield, Surrey where our Aurora Redehall School supports young people aged 6 – 16 who have difficulties with communication and social interaction, typically associated with Asperger’s Syndrome and Autism, and challenging behaviour.
Some of our students may have struggled within a traditional mainstream setting; so we support them to build back their confidence and self-esteem and help them identify and achieve their aspirations for the future by focusing on their strengths.
As one of our Teaching Assistants; your role will be to support our pupils with their learning and general well-being to ensure they have the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment (where necessary this may include supporting with positive behaviour management).
Key to your role will be your ability to work with our pupils and support their learning, providing further explanation where needed and providing feedback in relation to attainment and progress (under the guidance of the teacher).
You will also be expected to promote and encourage independence and personal development in our pupils whilst maintaining high expectations of behaviour at all times.
Ultimately we are looking for our TA’s to contribute to providing high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences for our pupils and to promote their cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being through the whole curriculum and extra-curricular activities.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
• Achieved (or be working towards) Teaching Assistant Qualification Level 2 or 3 or QCF Level 3 in Childcare (desirable)
• Previous experience of working in an environment managing social, emotional or mental health needs and/or previous experience working within an educational environment
• Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
• Full clean UK driving licence (desirable)
• The ability to work within the parameters of the physical demands of the job role
• Competitive Salary
• Life Assurance & Pension Scheme
• Full training and continued professional development
If you are interested in this great opportunity then please apply on-line, or for more information, please email Joanne.DiCaprio@the-aurora-group.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer