SEN Teaching Assistant
£60-75 per day
ABC teachers are currently looking to recruit an SEN Teaching Assistant, who has experience working with a range of educational needs, on behalf of an excellent Special Educational Needs school we work alongside in Telford.
You will be working alongside the class teacher and other support staff to provide the best possible support for students, on both a 1:1 and small group basis. This role will begin in March 2021 and will be on a full time, long term basis.
The school caters for Primary aged students, between 5-11 who have various moderate SEND. These are primarily ASD, complex needs and some more challenging behaviour.
To be considered for the SEN Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Be a dedicated Teaching Assistant who has previous experience supporting pupils or individuals with Special Educational Needs
• Able to build a rapport with both students and staff, and able to understand the individual needs of the pupils
• Demonstrate strong communication skills.
• Have a calm and caring nature
ABC Teachers are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is recent experience working within an SEND environment.
About ABC Teachers
ABC Teachers are a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What ABC Teachers offer
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an SEN Teaching Assistant can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 01543 228 029.
ABC Teachers Limited