ABC Teachers, part of TES are actively searching for qualified Teaching Assistants (level 2-3 minimum) to help assist Special needs students in Specialised SEN schools.
The schools provide a challenging, exciting and rewarding environment to work within. The roles will begin as soon as candidate clearance is complete on an ongoing day to day supply role; long term positions may also be available for the right candidate. Specialised SEN schools are extremely modern offering the best facilities and environments for learning, with rooms designed specifically for the SEN needs of the pupil’s present.
Due to the role being centred within a Special needs environment, it is important to show you have experience dealing with a variety of Special needs. You will need experience of working within a School with some form of SEN experience gained within; however long term proven experience of special needs outside of a school will be considered in either a professional or personal capacity.
Examples of Special needs you will need some form of experience within are as follows:
- Challenging behaviour
- Physical disabilities
As part of the job you will be assisting in lessons for SEN student on a normal 1:1 basis; a sound understanding of a range of SEN skills such as Makaton, BSL or EAL will be extremely well received. The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a similar role.
You will also be required to produce at least one schools reference, where you must have worked, either through employment or voluntary, for a minimum of 90 days.
Please could all applicants send a complete CV containing the months and years of employment with full details of employment dating back at least 10 years. Any gaps in employment of more than 3 months must be referenceable through a character reference.
What to do next:
· Click to apply today! Or contact Richard Stonehouse by sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01543 410500 to discuss registering with us further.
· To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child Workforce. You will need to pay for this upfront, but once you are fully registered, have uploaded this onto the Update Service and have worked 1 full day with us then we will reimburse you the cost. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and how we are going to work best for you.
· We will need to gain academic references to cover the last 12 months , one of which must be a school based reference, as well as your complete previous 2 years working history. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
· Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself.
· ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
· We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), you will also need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.