Smart Teachers is recruiting for SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs / Special Needs Support Assistants to work within mainstream primary settings in Hackney, London. We have a number of roles including 1:1 support of students with, but not limited to, autism, mild learning difficulties and behaviour difficulties. The positions are temporary in the first instance and the successful SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs / Special Needs Support Assistants will be offered a permanent position within the schools.
About the Roles
· SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs / Special Needs Support Assistants
· To work within mainstream primary schools
· To support the class teacher within the classroom and playground when required
· Working in conjunction with the class teacher, and up to three other support staff, within the classroom
· Assisting and supporting students with classroom work, as well as off-site trips
· Full-time and part time roles, term time only
· Temporary in the first instance
· Daily rate from £55.00 – £80.00
About the Schools
· Primary schools based in the London Borough of Hackney
In order to be considered, the SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs / Special Needs Support Assistants will need to meet the following criteria:
· Have recent UK based experience in an early years or primary setting
· Previous experience working with children with additional needs (desired, but not essential)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DXF0412.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.