Are you an Instructor Tutor with experience of supporting children with SEND? Maybe you're a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) in a mainstream school looking for a change in your career and looking to develop your teaching skills further in an SEND school? If so, then you are exactly the person we are looking for at Vision for Education in Teesside!
We are currently recruiting for innovative and experienced SEND Teachers and Cover Supervisors across the Primary, Secondary and Post 16 Phrase to work in Middlesbrough and surrounding areas. Ideally, we are looking for people with experience of teaching, or a desire to teach, children and young people with SEND, including Autism (ASD/ASC), Attachment Disorder and Asperger's Syndrome.
This position will be based on a supply basis and would initially begin on a day-to-day supply basis, with the potential of becoming a long-term, permanent position in one setting if you're the right person for the school and children.
You will need to have the ability to manage a class with students who may have challenging behaviour and adjust to changing situations in a fast-paced environment. Your role would also include teaching students with additional needs using engaging techniques and differentiating work to suit the individual needs of each student in your class. A creative and inspiring nature is also important for this role, as well as being able build strong rapport with the students your teaching.
We are looking for people that have a nurturing and calm personality, with the ability to be creative.
Ideally, you will:
- Have a nationally recognised teaching qualification, such as Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or PTLLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector).
- Have a good working knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice.
- Be able to deliver effective and engaging lessons for students with SEND.
- Have experience working with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), MLD, SLD, PMLD, SEMH, EBD and/or pupils with physical difficulties.
- Be considerate of the principles of child development and learning processes.
- Be trained in areas such as Moving and Handling and Team Teach.
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
- Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
- Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Generous Refer a Friend Scheme.
- Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for and would like to know more, please contact the Stockton SEND office on 01642 694117. Alternatively, please apply for this position through this website.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary