We are looking for an inspirational and motivated qualified teacher to join our team as SENCO.
Your role will be:
- To assist the Senior Leadership team in managing, leading and developing the school in seeking to attain high standards of pupil achievement, behaviour, social development and effective and efficient use of resources
- To be a member of the School Leadership Team and make a significant contribution to the strategic development and direction of the academy inline, with the Academy Improvement Plan
- To provide leadership and direction in supporting meeting the needs of children with SEND
- To take a lead role in monitoring and school self evaluation
- To provide guidance and support to other members of staff to achieve and maintain a good quality of teaching and be instrumental in supporting all staff through change
- To provide analysed assessment data from a variety of sources to inform future whole school planning and resourcing
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. You will need:
- The National Award for SEN Coordination (NASENCO)
- A passion for children’s learning and development;
- A willingness to try new things and to help develop new strategies in curriculum and assessment;
- The ability to motivate, lead and inspire colleagues;
- High aspirations for all children and a desire to raise standards;
- High aspirations for themselves and a commitment to further development.
- QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing children/students!
About Harris Primary Academy Orpington
Harris Primary Academy Orpington is a two-form entry school which opened in September 2016 in Bromley. We believe that every child is different and that everyone deserves the opportunity to be happy, secure and successful. The academy is surrounded by a large grounds which enables us to take our learning outside, including through Forest School.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Orpington?
Harris Primary Academy Orpington is an ambitious two-form entry school, serving an amazing community of children in Orpington. The school has intelligent, witty and well-behaved children; an exciting curriculum; and a fantastic site including an extra large field and sports pitch.
We are located just ten minutes from Orpington Train Station on public transport, or alternatively you can use our car park. We became part of the Harris Federation in September 2016 and we are now looking for teachers to join us on the next steps in our academy transformation.
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Primary Academy Orpington are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call contact Vikki Melhuish (PA to the Executive Principal) in the academy office on 01689 830383 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.