Westbourne House strives to create a positive and happy atmosphere for all of our pupils. The emphasis of the school is on catering for the needs of the individual.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced SENCo who is committed to inclusion and has the desire to maintain the highest standards of provision for SEN pupils. You will be supporting pupils with their academic, personal and social development. The role is demanding and challenging but very rewarding.
The successful applicant will take responsibility for SEN learning throughout the school. You will be able to effectively lead and manage the SEN team and work closely with parents to ensure they are kept informed of their child’s progress.
We are looking for:
- A fully qualified teacher with experience of acting as SENCo or holds the National Award for SENCo
- Wide experience of working with pupils with specific learning difficulties and other additional learning needs
- Excellent understanding of the SEND Code of Practice
In addition, it would be desirable to hold a postgraduate qualification in working with pupils with additional needs, such as MA (SpLD), MA (SEN), diploma OCR level 7 Teaching and assessing learners with dyslexia/SpLD or OCR level 5 Specialist teacher qualification in Dyslexia/SpLD with experience of assessing for special arrangements in examinations.
We can offer:
- A strong, supportive staff team committed to raising standards
- A competitive salary
- Discretionary school fee discount
- Possibility of staff accommodation on site in return for some boarding duties
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Use of some of the school’s facilities, outside of school use.
To apply, please send your completed application form to Robyn Aubrey: email@example.com
CVs may be attached, but not in place of the application form. The SENCo job description is to be read alongside the Head of Department job description.
Closing date: 10th May 2018.
We reserve the right to interview and offer to a strong candidate prior to the closing date. It is strongly recommended that candidates submit their applications as soon as possible.