Required: September 2019
Salary: TPR/UPR + TLR 1C £7850
Closing Date: 20th May 2019
Interviews: 23rd May 2019
At Helena Romanes School we value the personal attributes of hard work, positivity and kindness, and we are looking for someone who can model these values.
We invite applications from people who have the potential to take on this very important SENCO role, you will either be a trained SENCO or able to start this training as soon as possible.
Commencing September 2019, this will be an exciting opportunity to join a successful, positive and supportive Extended learning department which benefits from excellent relationships with other departments and staff in the school.
Across the key stages, the Extended learning department supports students with special needs to achieve results that meet age related expectations. This reflects our determination to provide excellent support and interventions in and out of lessons for our students.
As SENCO, you will be passionate about Extended learning and dedicated to keep up to date with developments regarding local and national changes to SEN practice. You will have transferable skills and will be confident and effective in all aspects of the role, whilst being able to reflect on your own practice and areas for professional development.
The successful candidate will have:
• National Award for SENCOs or willingness to train for the National Award
• Relevant experience of SENCO role in another school
• Involvement in school development and evaluation
• Promoted, organised and led staff training and development.
• Knowledge and experience of Special Educational Needs and effective learning for children with barriers to learning
• Sound knowledge of current educational issues, developments and legislation, including the new SEN Code of Practice
• The ability to determine priorities and manage time effectively
• Knowledge of and potential to build positive and effective programmes for staff development in particular developing coaching and mentoring
Candidates should also:
• Display excellent leadership and inter-personal skills with children and with adults.
• Have an ability to work both as a member of a supportive team and alone
• Be highly organised and demonstrate strong management skills.
• Be committed to making a difference to the future of our pupils.
• Have extensive experience of delivering exceptional teaching.
The successful candidate will:
• Have the opportunity to develop once settled in post
• Be supported by a performance management system
Visits to the school to meet with our students and staff are welcomed, please contact Sue Este, HR Manager to arrange a convenient appointment or to answer any questions that you may have. email@example.com
Please apply using the application form on our website: www.helena-romanes.essex.sch.uk.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.