Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced SENCO to join a fantastic multi-cultural primary school located in Ilford, East London. This full time SENCO position is available from Tuesday 18th April 2017 and will be contracted until the end of the summer term, with the possibility to continue in September 2017. For the right candidate, a permanent contract will be offered.
About the Role
- Supporting the identification of SEN pupils and communicating with their parents
- Managing and co-ordinating the day-to-day operation of their Special Educational Needs and Disabilities policy
- Liaising with other providers and educational psychologists
- Teaching small groups of SEN pupils
- Contract until the end of the summer term with a possibility to become a permanent staff in September 2017
- Daily rate up to £200 (depending on experience)
About the School
- Diverse school with a great atmosphere
- Ofsted rated ‘Good’ in 2015
- Behaviour is good across the school, in classrooms and outside
- Larger than average primary school
- The Head teacher and the senior leader team are friendly and supportive to their members of staff
- Located a short walk away from the nearest station, and a short travel journey from Liverpool Street or Stratford Stations
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor of Education/ PGCE, or an equivalent teaching degree
- Hold the National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination or an equivalent SENCO qualification
- Have proven UK teaching experience: minimum one term for full-time
- Have experience teaching and supporting students with special needs
- OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number HZM3581.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.