Support, nurture, inspire, empower.
On Track Education in Northampton is a not for profit independent special school which opened in 2010 and is registered for 48 students aged 11 to 19. The school was last rated a ‘good’ school by Ofsted in November 2017.
We support our pupils to fulfil their potential by giving them unconditional support, providing them with good quality teaching and empowering them to effectively manage their own behaviour.
We are interested to hear from qualified teachers who are already working in a SENCO role or those who would like to move into this specialism and undertake the relevant professional development.
• Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
• Contribute to the ongoing development of the special educational needs (SEN) policy and provision in the school
• Undertake day-to-day operations of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEN or a disability
• Provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies
• Qualified Teacher (QTS/QTLS/PGCE)
• Interest in and understanding of the SEN Code of Practice
• A passion to deliver appropriate and positive interventions to improve outcomes for young people
Why work for On Track?
• Our holistic approach to education with a focus on emotional and social development
• The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of children who can be educationally overlooked
• To work as part of a dedicated and supportive team
On Track Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure And Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation, totally Committed 2 Equality.
Salary £24,420 - £33,530 dependent on qualifications and experience
Closing date: You will need to complete our own On Track application form. Applications to be submitted by 5pm, Wednesday 14th April 2021
Interview date: w/c 19th April 2021
On Track Education Northampton
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years