Kantor King Solomon High School is a culturally diverse and welcoming school on the East London/Essex border. We have been judged as Good by OFSTED and regularly achieves 80% 5A*-C at GCSE. The school has a strong religious ethos but is equally welcoming to people of all faiths and of none.
We are looking to appoint someone with experience of working with students with a range of additional needs and with a knowledge of the SEND agenda. Our learning support team provide high quality teacher and learning support for all students and the successful candidate will be joining committed team with a great reputation across the school. Our SENCO will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to build on this strong foundation.
You will hold the National SENCO qualification or be working towards completing this qualification. We are looking for someone with strong leadership and team skills and you will work closely with parents and other professionals.
What we can offer :
- A supportive and established Senior Leadership Team
- Excellent support and CPD opportunities
- Opportunities to further develop a team of LSAs
- Excellent resources including a Sensory Room and Learning Zone
What you can offer:
- Evidence of excellent classroom practice and making learning a enjoyable for all students
- High expectations for behaviour and attainment
- The ability to create an environment where our students will feel safe and happy
- Sharing best practice and teaching methods with department
Reasons to work at Kantor King Solomon High School:
- KKS has a fantastic personal development programme for teachers at all levels. All our training is tailored to individual needs and not just a ‘one size fits all’ model.
- KKS culture is supportive, friendly and we encourage staff at all levels to share good practice and ideas. We strongly believe that teachers really can make a difference to our students’ lives.
- Our students want to learn and be part of a community they take great pride in. Behaviour is good and there are robust strategies in place to enable new teachers to establish themselves in the school.
- Our school is a diverse and vibrant place where students respect and celebrate each other’s differences. As a teacher, you will have the opportunity to join them in this enriching environment.
- We have an ambitious sixth form and encourage our staff to teach to A-level.
Please click on the ‘apply’ button below to complete the application form for this role. To find out why we’re so proud of our School, visit our website now: www.kshsonline.com or check us out on Twitter @kingsolomonhigh
Kantor King Solomon High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment.