Q3 Academy Langley opened its doors in September 2016, becoming the first brand new secondary education provider in Sandwell in a decade. We are looking to add to our fantastic team of dedicated, hard-working colleagues, who contribute to a wonderful culture of work.
Our curriculum model is focused primarily on the eBacc subjects, forming our Core. Additionally, we have a project-based, cross-curricular provision (Hori7on and Innov8) that develops student learning both academically and holistically. Because of this innovative model, there is a minimal strain in terms of lesson planning, leaving time to hone learning and the art of teaching.
As we approach our third year, we are looking to appoint a SENCo who is dedicated, hard-working and looking to add value to an exceptional team. The successful candidate will be a suitably experienced and qualified teacher with responsibility for providing and developing effective SEN provision across the Academy. You will provide high quality SEND teaching and support ensuring that the needs of students are met with a caring, supportive and well structured environment.
At Q3 Academy Langley, we have the absolute highest expectations of behaviour and politeness from our students, and have several procedures that support and reinforce these ideals. We expect the successful candidate to comply with such procedures, understanding that when an Academy rows together, students can learn in a safe and consistent environment.
We seek applications from candidates who:
- Can demonstrate the ability or the determination and potential to be an outstanding learning practitioner;
- Develop, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of interventions across the provision in terms of outcomes for students;
- Understand the importance of following set procedures in terms of Behaviour for Learning, and are willing to enforce rigorous expectations;
- Creating plans to support students with SEND needs;
- Work in partnership with parents, carers, alternative providers, mainstream teachers and outside agencies;
- Can demonstrate their willingness to be a team player, and work with an Academy that will support them fully;
- Believe that a full, inclusive curriculum and Academy starts with a positive attitude towards students.
Why you should work with us?
Your dedication & commitment is not only recognised, but highly rewarded;
- Work laptop;
- Comprehensive CPD;
- Opportunities for rapid progression across a growing Academies Trust;
- Complimentary tea and coffee;
- Fun & interesting weekly staff incentives (weekly prizes, surprises and rewards following the previous week);
- Free parking;
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch (Family Breakfast and Family Lunch is shared with students, who serve one another);
- The opportunity to work with a kind, collaborative and fun team of colleagues.
Our Academy ethos stems from the Latin ‘Quarere’, meaning ‘to seek’. We stand for three high ideals – to seek that which is good, that which is right, and that which is true. If you share our belief that these ideals are a tremendous foundation on which to build young people’s educational experience, with the hope that our students will feel delighted coming to the Academy, then you share our vision.
Please click 'Apply Now' and once fully completed, submit your application.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 27th November 2017.
Informal visits to the Academy are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Peter Lee, Head of School to arrange this - PLee@q3langley.org.uk
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. To assess the suitability of the candidate, this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS), satisfactory employment references, as well as identification and qualification, prohibition and barred list checks which will be required before commencing duties.
(0121 516 7070)
Q3 Academies Trust
(0121 358 6186)