SENCO - Secondary phase
Salary: MPS/UPS + 2c Employer: SMSJ Board of Governors
Contract term: Permanent Location: London Borough of Barnet
Contract type: Full time Address: Sunningfields Road, Hendon, NW4 4QR
SMSJ is the first all through school in Barnet and is growing rapidly. Our brand new Secondary provision opened in September 2014 and we currently educate pupils from Nursery up until Year 10. We will expand every year until we reach Sixth Form.
This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding, inspirational and innovative individual to lead and develop our SEN provision to support pupils with additional needs. You will be leading a team of Learning Support Assistants and with the Primary SENCO, set and develop the strategic vision for inclusion and SEN across the whole school.
We believe that excellent teaching, a creative and engaging curriculum, an exciting learning environment and enrichment activities are key to our success. Our vision is to be an outstanding local all through school and a strong part of the local community. If you share in our commitment to educational excellence for all, we want to hear from you.
The SENCO will ensure that all students with SEN receive the support and guidance that they need to reach their potential. This is an opportunity for a successful candidate to:
● Lead and develop all aspects of the SEN department in our Middle and Upper Schools
● Provide high quality leadership to enable all members of the SEN team and subject teachers to deliver quality first teaching
● Have vision, energy, enthusiasm, dedication and a passion for SEN
● Interpret data effectively to identify pupils who are underachieving in a subject area and create and implement effective intervention to support pupils and staff
● Analyse and interpret relevant national, local and school data to inform policies, practices, expectations, targets, setting and tracking
● Identify realistic and challenging targets for improvement within the school framework which are clear, achievable and can be monitored
● Monitor and evaluate the progress made by the subject team towards implementing plans and policies
● Lead, monitor and contribute to activities beyond the classroom
● Lead all aspects of SEN to enhance and develop our nurturing ethos and to enable all pupils to achieve their potential
How to apply
To book a visit to our school or for further information contact 0208 202 0026 or via our dedicated recruitment email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information and application forms please see our school website www.smsj.london
Deadline for submission of applications: Friday 20th April 2018
Interviews will be taking place week commencing: Monday 23rd April 2018
Please send all completed applications forms and covering letters to: email@example.com
Job start: September 2018
SMSJ is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate must be able to satisfy an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service