Vision for Education on behalf of the Governors of a Mainstream Primary School based in Stockport are looking to appoint an experienced 1:1 Teaching Assistant, Level 1 SEND.
The successful candidate will be working 1:1 with a child or possibly various children and will demonstrate a commitment to working in a nurturing environment with excellent continuing professional development. The ability to demonstrate experience of working with children with SEND and in particular experience of working with children with Autism and SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) difficulties. It is desirable for the candidate to have some experience working alongside agencies such as the Behaviour Support Service, and working from Individual Behaviour Plans.
The successful candidate will:
• Able to work on their own initiative.
• Passionate about ensuring SEND pupils make progress both academically and pastorally.
• A range of strategies and understanding of how to engage pupils in the learning taking place within the classroom.
• Be personable, friendly and have a good sense of humour.
• Committed to their own professional development.
• Have the ability to work successfully in a team.
• Highly motivated individual who will ensure the best possible outcomes for the young person/people they work with.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Suitably well qualified – preferably Autism level 1&2 trained
• The successful candidate will need to have a good knowledge of how the children learn
In return the school will be able to offer:
• A thorough induction to ensure that you excel in your new role.
• Support from the SENDCo
• Supportive Teachers who work collaboratively with Teaching Assistants.
• Well behaved and motivated pupils.
• A friendly, supportive school community.
• Continuing professional development.
This position is being recruited for by Vision for Education who are committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As Your Earn (PAYE) system.
Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
£50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
Access to a dedicated primary consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified teaching assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Greater Manchester primary team on 0161 273 7475