Salary: UCL Academy Scale 4, Spine Point 7 £24,279 pro rata to term time only (pro rata to £21,092.74)
Contract Type: Fixed until 31st August 2022 in the first instance, full-time and term time only
Location: Swiss Cottage, London Borough of Camden
Required: As soon as possible, depending on notice period
“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding” OFSTED 2016
Are you a personable and highly motivated individual who is committed to the welfare and attendance of students during their school career? If yes, we encourage you apply for the position of SEND Administrator at the state-of-the-art UCL Academy. We seek a passionate individual to join our SEND department and support our drive toward outstanding practice for our young people. Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy that opened its doors in the heart of the London Borough of Camden in 2012. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities, training and development opportunities and the chance to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills a long with a ‘can-do’ attitude. The candidate will need to be highly organised and have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, showing initiative and acting proactively when required. Experience working in a school environment is essential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a supportive and ambitious team, who are committed to improving student attendance levels across the school through their passion for student wellbeing and development.
What We Offer
• Amazing pupils, with a wide spectrum of strengths and barriers across the four Broad Areas of Need
• An experienced team of LEAD SENDCo, KS3 SENDCo, KS4/KS5 SENDCo, SEND Officer, Lead Learning Support Assistants with specialisms in each of the Four Broad Areas, and a team of Learning Support Assistants committed to the best outcomes for our students;
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Super studios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• A whole school wellbeing strategy;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources;
• Suitable IT equipment for all teaching and support staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide;
• Cycle to Work scheme with ample space for bike storage;
• Transport for London Season ticket loans available upon request.
What We Want
• Have experience of working in a school office environment, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office / Google Workspace and experience of using SIMs or similar software;
• Excellent written and verbal communication, having the ability to communicate on a different range of levels;
• Have experience of providing effective child protection and safeguarding services;
• Build relationships and work in tandem with others to support the wellbeing of students and their families;
• Be able to work under pressure and deal with sensitive student matters.
Salary: UCL Academy Scale 4, Spine Point 7 £24,279 pro rata to term time only (£21,092.74)
How To Apply
To apply please complete and submit a detailed application form, through the ‘quick link’ provided. If you have any questions regarding the role you may contact Zaheer Ahmad, Recruitment Coordinator at 0207 449 3080 for further information. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy.
The advert will close on Monday 30 August 2021. All applications will be reviewed upon the school re-opening after the Summer break. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within the first 2 weeks of September.
Closing Date: Monday 30 August 2021
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
The UCL Academy, Camden
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The UCL Academy is sponsored by UCL, a world-class, multifaculty, research-led university. UCL's vision is an innovative Academy for pupils aged 11 to 18. We are a comprehensive, co-educational, non-denominational, fully inclusive and an active membe...