SEND Classroom Teacher
Inspire their remarkable with us
Are you an outstanding Classroom Teacher? Do you want to take the next step in your career and move into a leadership position? Would you relish the chance to be part of a forward-thinking and innovative team?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic SEND teacher who is committed to the development of our children and our school. You will be driven, creative and energetic in your teaching and have the confidence to 'have a go' at anything new to improve the learning in your class.
We need teachers who are creative, fun-loving, and experimental, who will be dedicated to our school and our children. We want highly motivated and determined teachers who will make a real difference.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Opportunities for further professional development
- A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant Academy community.
- We will provide you with full training to ensure you receive your SEND qualification.
Percy Shurmer Academy is a large two-form entry primary academy. We currently have 442 pupils aged from 3 to 11 which also includes 29 children in our Nursery and a 14 place Deaf Learning Base (DLB). The school is divided into Nursery and Reception (EYFS), Years 1 – 2 (KS1) and Years 3-6 (KS2). We have been rated by Ofsted as Good (March 2020) and work closely with Montgomery Primary Academy, our partnership school sharing practices and procedures.
Our staff have benefited from our collaborative work with our other AET ‘northern cluster’ of schools and we will challenge and support you with your career goals while you are part of the ‘Percy Primary’ family.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
This is a fixed-term contract and is due to commence in January 2022 or sooner.
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
Percy Shurmer Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Percy Shurmer Academy is a very special learning community. We are a 2 form entry primary based in Balsall Heath and proud to serve the communities around Central Birmingham. Ove...