Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Education Lead
An exciting new post within the SEND Service for an experienced school leader to work across the range of education providers to provide support and challenge to the sector to improve outcomes for children and young people with additional needs.
Soulbury Grade £63,779 - £64,417
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Service, in Lincolnshire County Council, as an Education Lead and assistant to the Service Manager. We are looking for an experienced school leader with a strong background in SEN and Disability and up to date knowledge and experience of relevant legislation.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the strategic relationship between schools, education settings and the council
- Setting out clear and ambitious priorities for improving outcomes for all learners with additional needs in all schools and settings.
- Providing expert advice to the Children's Service Manager for SEND, Chief Officer for Learning, Director and Lead Member for Children's Services
- Establishing positive relationships to be able to effectively challenge and support schools and other learning settings on delivery against outcomes for children, young people and their families
- Identifying opportunities for improvement, promoting and brokering school to school support or formal intervention where necessary
- Assisting the Service Manager in delivering the council's statutory duties and the strategic priorities of the service.
You will be working within a multi-disciplinary service and with a range of partners responsible for meeting the needs of children and young people with additional needs. You will be well supported by an enthusiastic and committed management group and will receive regular supervision and opportunities for continued professional development.
If you feel that you have the expertise, the passion, the rigour and the commitment to work across the education sector within Lincolnshire, whilst championing outcomes for children and young people with SEND, we look forward to receiving your application.
The interviews for this role are likely to be either on the afternoon of the 10th July or the morning of the 12th of July.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Sheridan Dodsworth, Children's Services Manager (SEND) on telephone number: 01522 553310.