Vision for Education the supply of the TES, are actively recruiting for an empathetic, pro-active and engaging Learning Support Assistant who is passionate about working in a school where Secondary aged students hold a statement or EHC plan where SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties) has been identified as the main category of need and whose needs cannot currently be met in a mainstream.
Personality is paramount whilst maintaining a calm, patient but assertive manner is required to achieve progress with these students who can regularly demonstrate challenging and disruptive behaviour.
Unlike other temp / supply agencies, Vision have and always will be committed to paying for trial days. Trial days are not only for the schools or provisions benefit, they serve as a great opportunity for our staff to build relationships and make sure the environment they are to potentially work in suits theirs and the students’ needs leading to a successful and happy work placement.
This role would suit Newly Qualified Teachers who are looking to gain further experience in a challenging but rewarding SEN environment.
- The ideal applicant will have previous experience working with challenging behaviour / be Team Teach trained.
- Applicants must hold a current DBS (Children and Vulnerable Adults) and it be registered on the online update service or be willing to undergo a DBS check through Vision for Education.
- Applicants must be available 5 days a week and be able to work in the Gateshead area.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
- Applicants must hold a valid UK license and have access to a vehicle.
In return, as an agency we offer:
- Excellent, fair and transparent pay rates from £60 per day.
- Seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling, SEND Awareness and Behaviour Management (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- Dedicated team of experienced SEN consultants that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
- Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE.
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract. We won't stand in the way of your career.
For further information, please call Dan Rutledge (Assistant Branch Manager - SEND) on 01912291386 or email CV and details to firstname.lastname@example.org