Ambitions Academies Trust (AAT) comprises schools from all sectors: mainstream (primary and secondary) and special. AAT secures outstanding achievement and improved life chances of all our pupils. All our Academies have high expectations as the focus of their work. We are strongly committed to supporting colleagues in developing their careers further and offer excellent CPD opportunities.
We currently have the following vacancy at Oak Academy, Bournemouth BH11 9JJ.
Post: SEND Manager
Post details: Permanent
Salary Scale: Grade 6 SCP 16-22 Full time Equivalent Salary £24,012 - £27,041, £20,382 - £22,953 pro-rata for 37 Hours per week, term time only
Oak Academy is seeking to recruit a full time SEND Manager to improve the life outcomes and opportunities for our students and their families. The main purpose of this post is to support the work of the SENDCO regarding Exam Access Arrangements and to lead on interventions to improve the attendance of SEND students at the academy.
We require a passionate and committed colleague who has a willingness to:
- increase student attendance at the academy
- provide and continually develop attendance interventions for students and their families
- support the SENDCO with the deployment of teaching assistants and other SEND interventions
- deputise for the SENDCO in agreed areas of provision
- undertake further training to lead on our exam access arrangements in the near future
- act as a Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead in support of the wider Inclusion team
- foster and sustain collaborative links with relevant agencies, practitioners and the academy community
- manage statutory returns to the Local Authority and Governing Body
The role may involve a travel requirement and an enhanced DBS is necessary which will include clearance for visiting families in their homes.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification for more information.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th August 2021
Interviews will take place w/c: Monday 9th August 2021
Start Date: 2nd September 2021
For an application form please contact Karen Galton, 01202 774600, KGalton@leaf.bournemouth.sch.uk or Visit our website: http://www.ambitions-academies.co.uk/vacancies-2/
For an informal discussion, or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Richard Burgas, Principal email@example.com
Please note we DO NOT accept application by CV
Please ensure you provide a complete history of your employment to date and ensure you include two referees, one of which must be the Headteacher/Principal/Lead of your current employment and one from an alternative employer or educational lead.
Ambitions Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.
Ambitions Academies Trust
- English secondary schools