Vision for Education are looking to appoint a versatile and talented Primary Coordinator in a well regarded day and residential client school which caters for boys aged 9 to 19 who are primarily diagnosed with ASC, PDA, ADHD and Asperger’s Syndrome.
This is a small, non-maintained special school, which currently has 60 students on roll and which was graded ‘outstanding’ in our recent social care inspection. It is set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, between the Dales and the Moors. Access by road and rail is excellent and we are only 40 minutes away from Leeds-Bradford Airport.
The school has a Quaker background and prides itself on it's ethos equality, respect, tolerance and forgiveness as they strive to attain the best outcomes possible for their students.
If you have a genuine love of education and an appreciation of how a nurturing and caring environment can help all children grow into happy, successful individuals, you would make a great addition to the school.
We are looking for applicants with QTS and experience of either special and/or mainstream settings.
This school is the right school for you if:
• You are committed to putting the individual needs of the students first
• You are driven to maintain our outstanding outcomes for all students
• You enjoy working with a positive and established staff team
• You are prepared to work flexibly in a vibrant, caring and supportive environment, with students students who really appreciate the work that staff do
• You have a knowledge of successful strategies for meeting the needs of young people with ASC
• You have an understanding of barriers to learning and strategies to overcome them
• You can offer high quality experience of supporting students with a range of complex needs
In return, the school will offer you:
• An incredibly happy working environment, with a staff team who are extremely supportive
• A leadership team who are hands on and accessible every single day
• Continuous CPD and leadership opportunities in an expanding school, including middle leadership
• An exceptional ethos of care for students, staff and families
• Complimentary tea and coffee throughout the day
• Complimentary lunch 5 days per week
• Free staff parking
• 38 week term dates
- Providing high quality teaching across the subjects in KS2, and being a pedagogical lead to other teachers and teaching assistants
- The mapping and coordination of all KS2 subjects
- Ensuring (with the Deputy Headteacher and Assistant Headteacher – T+L) that all policies related to Primary provision are in place, reviewed appropriately and applied consistently.
- Coordinating and overseeing the KS2 to KS3 transition process at the end of each summer term
- Overseeing the annual SATs
- Carrying out suitability of placement assessments in the classroom with KS2 prospective pupils, to inform initial assessment process
- To liaise with the SEN team, therapeutic and intervention staff as and when appropriate, including occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, educational psychologists and counselling psychologists and the lead on therapy
- Anything else the Headteacher reasonably determines
This fabulous school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, health, vetting and enhanced DBS check. The school has an induction programme and a genuine ongoing commitment of staff professional development. This is a temporary position with the view to being offered a permanent contract subject to a 6 month probationary period.