SEND Learning Support Assistant
Scale 3 pt5-6
Actual Salary: £13,477.89 - £13,747.52
30.66hrs per week Term Time plus 5 days
Are you committed to improving the life chances of children?
Join us at Park Lane Academy, a school which welcomes students of all abilities, aged 11-16. Our state of the art school building was opened in 2005 and was purpose built so that our students have an excellent range of facilities and an optimal learning environment.
We are currently undergoing an exciting transformation status through partnership with South Pennine Academies, http://www.southpennineacademies.org/
The Chief Executive of our Trust, Jane Acklam OBE, is a National Leader of Education. Miss Acklam works closely with our Principal Designate Darren Atkinson, who has himself set an aspirational journey for the academy.
Our team of staff are wholly committed to improving the life chances of students and this is reflected in our mission statement. ‘We aspire to be the best at everything we do’.
We are looking for an innovative and passionate candidate to join our dynamic SEND Team from September 2019, who is dedicated to providing the best possible support to our students. You will have the ability to inspire, enthuse and encourage students to gain a love of learning in all subjects.
We offer you the opportunity to:
• Work with a leadership team who are dedicated to putting Park Lane Academy on the map and becoming a beacon of excellence.
• Join a forward-thinking team of staff.
• Collaborate with outstanding staff and leaders across the trust.
• Accelerate your career through bespoke CPD, both internal and external.
• Work as part of a multi-academy trust, South Pennine Academies, alongside our partnership outstanding school, which holds National Support School status.
You will have access to:
• A well-being and private medical care package
Park Lane Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants to posts that are exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS (formerly CRB) from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.
All completed applications must be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3pm Wednesday 17th July 2019.
Park Lane Academy, Park Lane, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX3 9LG
T: 01422 362215